Test your Reaction Time!
- Click on [start], the three red dots should appear...
- Wait for the dots to change to the word "STOP"
- Click on [stop] as fast as you can!
- Your time will be recorded.
- Do this five times!
Reaction Time Test Purpose
The reaction timer within this reaction time test is meant to measure the time between an external visual stimulus (the big red "STOP" text), and the time it takes for your brain to send a response signal.
Reaction times can be affected my many things, sometimes MUCH more than you can imagine!
To actually SEE how much of an affect external activities can affect your reaction time, try taking this test:
- While on the phone
- While Drunk
- With the other hand
- After getting four hours of sleep
- After getting eight hours of sleep
- In the morning
- At night
- After drinking coffee/soda
- While happy
- While sad
There are an INFINITE number of factors that can affect how quickly you are able to react to a situation. Use this test to find out your optimal reaction scenario (ORS), so that you can use this knowledge to your advantage!
Is your reaction time not as quick as you would like it? Get ideas for improving reaction time!